Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sorry Mommy!


Once again, Kenzie spawned this post.

Yesterday, I worked in the office during nap time. As inconvenient as it was, I walked up the stairs and listened outside Kenzie's door every ten minutes. On about my third trip up the stairs, I met her coming out of the bathroom. She immediately said, "Sorry Mommy," and held up her hands -- completely covered in blue.

I knew immediately that it was the brand new tube of toothpaste -- purchased two days earlier.

I instructed her to wash her hands and proceeded to go into her bedroom to survey the damage. (It was a given that there would be damage.) Amazingly, the carpet was spared - - she had just made a 'beautiful' design of blue all over Brynnley's bed (easy enough to wash up) and Brynnley's blankets. (Notice, she doesn't 'decorate' her own things.)

I walked back into the bathroom and said, "Kenzie, what are we going to do with you?"

Looking rather remorseful and holding one hand behind her back, she replied, "I just want to spank my own bottom."

And she did.

She walked back into her room, smacking herself on the bum the entire way.

And then, she napped.

5 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

This one made me laugh out loud. You just wonder when are they ever going to make the connection...?

Audra said...

So funny and quite cute! You either are to nice or keep the mean details out of your post!

Season said...

Now THAT is good. "I just want to spank my own bottom." Hilarious. And I rather enjoy the picture you chose to go along with it. Can't wait to see you!!

Kimi said...

That is absolutely priceless. And hey... she napped; isn't that a good thing :)

Aaron and Jessie said...

Hilarious! Moments like that are too hard to stay mad.