Friday, July 17, 2009

So long





My great-grandma used to say "so long" instead of "good-bye." Her theory was that goodbye sounded permanent, whereas 'so long' meant we'd see each other again.
And so it was, with bittersweet emotions that we said 'so long' to Great-grandma Elaine this week. On Tuesday, she returned home to California where she will now reside in an assisted-living facility.
Her failing health necessitated a change in care and we hope and pray that the transition will go as smoothly as possible. Although they likely don't appreciate it now, I am grateful for the past 1.5 years that my kids have had to be around their Great Grandma E. Kerr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like your grandma's thinking. Reading this and seeing your pictures makes me really miss my grandma!