Saturday, October 9, 2010

Poor kids...they inherited their mother's face










Today was a beautiful day for soccer. Given that we had 4 games...that was a good thing. You'll notice that Addysen is not in these pictures. That is because her game was scheduled for another city and we weren't able to be in all places at once. Wouldn't you know..it was her team's first win this season.

In case it's not obvious from these pictures, the kids played tough. That's always good. The unfortunate thing for them is that they have inherited my "exercise face." You know, that lovely, red/purple/bluish blotchy looking thing that happens to some of us with any sort of exertion or effort?

How unfortunate. I still remember when I played soccer and some well-meaning (?) parent came up to me and said, "Are you ok?" Given my puzzled look, she replied, "You don't look ok. I didn't know 8-year-olds could have heart-attacks." (Powerful comment...given that I have remembered it all these years...Although, now that I think about it...does your face really reflect it when you are having a heart attack? Probably not so much.)

Well - thank you very much. Lucky for me...and for my kids...it just means we give it our all and go all out no matter what we are doing or what we are playing.

At least it looks like that...even when we don't.

1 comment:

The Beards said...

Your kids did not have a chance that is a Kerr trait too, or I should probably say Rannels. And as far as inheriting their mothers face, that is a great thing, much better than inheriting their fathers face. Boo Ya!!!