Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Wedding #1




















 We did it.
(Actually, I should say I did it...because I don't think it was really any big deal for Greg.)

But, we left our children, in the care of a non-family member and went to California for a wedding.

This experience was not without a certain amount of stress and trepidation...and much document preparing on my part. (Insert pages and pages of schedules, emergency contact information, insurance information, child care "in the event something should happen to us," documention....)

Of course, everything went well. Betty took great care of the kids and Addysen was an incredible help. (She texted me the Sunday we were gone and said, "I need a vacation. The kids were naughty during Sacrament. I got everyone dressed and did everyone's hair...including Cannon's. I need a vacation.)

We had a lot of fun in California (as we always do!) We totally enjoyed incredible weather, food, family and activities....not to mention a festive and fun-filled wedding.

Now that we know we aren't really needed around here...it's time to plan the next trip.

2 comments:

H.Cook said...

WOW, good for you! It's nice your older kids are so responsible!

Unknown said...

Having a child old enough to watch the younger ones brings out a new sense of freedom! I am glad that you and Greg could get away together! Next time don't go so far west and come to Utah!:-)