Friday, September 26, 2008

Election Update

Well...we were 1/2 as far as the elections were concerned. Cannon came home thrilled last week because he won the "vote-off" in his class.
Unfortunately, despite her poster, speech, "Vote for Me" t-shirt and necklace...Addysen wasn't as victorious. There were 9 kids running in her class -- so literally 2-3 votes is about all they each got. She was disappointed -- as much because "a GUY" won... However, neither of her two best friends (in other classes) won either - -so that helped to ease the sting. (As did the birthday party she attended tonight.)

Personally, I was just proud of both of them for trying. They've only been at this school and known these kids for about 7-8 months. Yet, that didn't even seem to register.

And, there is always next year...

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Way to go Kerr kids! What great lessons to learn. Darling t-shirts.

Cathryn said...

I love her cute shirt. I think it may be a good thing I have all sons as I am sure I wouldn't be able so create something as cute as that for a daughter to wear.