Sunday, March 15, 2009

Any Similarities?






Any mother has likely heard this before: "Oh, what a beautiful baby," or, "Oh, my goodness, they are so sweet and just absolutely darling."
There are many ways to gush over a newborn...you get the idea.

And what proud new momma doesn't love to hear the compliments followed by, "And they look just like their daddy?"

WHAT?! Excuse me? Sure, dad played a role in the creation of this little beauty...but dad certainly wasn't the one throwing up for 9 months. Dad wasn't the one who was so exhausted that he mailed the thank you notes without ever putting the recipient's address on them. (Yes, I did that just last week - sorry Melissa!) I'm pretty sure that when dad gets on the scale, it doesn't register 40 pounds heavier than it did last year at this time. And no, dad didn't live with a migraine more often than not in order to get this little angel here and healthy. (Ok, I retract that last statement...dad did have to live with ME for the past 9 months!)

Well, I am jealous no more. Sure, my kids might look like their dads (not a bad thing, since I myself am attracted to him.) Most of their appearance might resemble him...but, as these pictures CLEARLY demonstrate...

They get their thunder thighs, round cheeks and multiple chins from their mother.

And there you go.

Granted, they will likely never thank me for contributing those attributes...

****************************************
PS - my children only have one father...and they all have the same father. (See sentence above which reads "my kids might look like their dadS.) What was that I said about sleep deprivation and migraines?

3 comments:

Chatty Family said...

The fact they you sat down and wrote a thank you note with all you have going on is amazing to me!!! You have done a great job with your kids while on the way and once they're here. They'll be lucky to inherit many more of your great qualities.

Audra said...

Very cute pictures!

Season said...

Hey, thunder thighs is something to be proud of. If I were a superhero, that would definitely be my name.