Saturday, May 9, 2009

Every so often, there is a perk

Greg's line of work doesn't come with a ton of perks. I mean, say a "corporate client" offers to take you for a spin in his "new ride." Can you really rest assured that the ride is truly his? Oh sure, he gets to see inside some pretty impressive abodes on occasion -- but that is only because their burglar alarms are going off. That really doesn't do much for the rest of the family, however.

But, every so often, there is a perk -- like the one we had Thursday night. Greg is a member of the Honor Guard, and they got called down to do the flag ceremony of Game 2 of the NBA playoffs -- Cleveland CAVS vs. Atlanta Hawks.

Cambrie and I got to go down to center court to take pictures. Unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out, but we sure had lots of fun. (I did anyway. Cambrie just kept looking around in utter amazement with what Kenzie and Brynnley call her "freak eyes.")

In case you missed the game, the CAVS gave the Hawks quite a pounding...leading by 30 points at one point allowed for some pretty impressive dunks and ball handling. Cambrie was an angel (**following in Kenzie's footsteps as a WITNESS to greatness.) We are grateful to Greg's parents for being so willing to watch the 4 other kids, on a school night, so we could go and play. Ooops - I mean work. Greg was working.
'WITNESS' THE MVP
(Lebron's not bad either!)

Trying to balance Cambrie in my left arm, dodge the media and camera chords, while taking pictures with the wrong lense...well, you can see the results.
Normally, I wouldn't be snapping photos during the National Anthem...but, it's not like I could have put my hand over my heart anyway...my hands were full. So, I did the next best thing - -photographing the honor guard, and taking pictures of Anderson Varejo and Lebron James.
YES. I see you Lebron. If this cameraman would just move his head...I could take a much better picture.
Don't mind the hair matted to my face. The combination of rain, heat in the Q and the workout I got carrying Cambrie took it's toll on my usually-oh-so-lovely appearance.
Go Moondog. Go Moondog. Go Moondog. GO.


** When Kenzie was two months old, the honor guard performed at the playoffs as well. If I can find those pictures, I will post them.

2 comments:

rachel said...

What a fun night!!

Sue said...

How fun for you!!! Clay is my avid Cavs fan and we've been watching them. I wish I would have known that I should be looking for YOU.