Friday, February 5, 2010

Q for a day

Last Saturday, there was nothing I wanted to do more than to take Addysen and Cannon downtown with 42,000 other scouts for the Q for a day. Seriously. Nothing makes a person feel older than when they (translation: I) cover their ears because they (translation: I) are surrounded by 42,000 kids (mostly boys) who took on the challenge to "scream louder!" with full gusto. Happy Birthday. (All kidding aside - in my defense, I did have a splitting headache that day. But, the thought of my new age did not escape me as I covered my ears a few times!)

All sarcasm aside, we did have a fun day at the Q -- shooting hoops on the CAVS practice court, taking pictures with *Lebron's MVP trophy and the Eastern Conference Champions trophy, jumping in inflatables, shooting goals on the ice and enjoying the Lake Erie Monsters game. It was a fun day with friends and I am grateful to those who took pictures (Amy) and those who watched children (Jennie & Ted). Getting 7 Kerr's on 3 sides of town is no small undertaking and we appreciated the help.*Just a side note, if you are reading this and find yourself asking, "Who the heck is Lebron?" you clearly don't live within a 1,000,000,000,000,000 mile radius of Cleveland. It's ok. Come out of your shell and do a google search.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Look how pretty you are!! Especially with all of the noise and a headache.
Ugh. Scouts.