Saturday, April 17, 2010

Really? Please tell me it isn't so.

My body is numb. I think I still have appendages...but it's hard to be sure.

Last week at this time, we were enjoying crystal clear blue skies, sunshine and a toasty 82 degrees in Florida. But hey, who I am to live in the past?

We just returned from Brynnley's first soccer game of the season. It was a whopping 40 degrees outside - with spits of rain.

I could see my breath as I sat bundled in my winter coat and wrapped in a blanket.

We'll be returning to the soccer fields in less than an hour for Addysen's and Cannon's first game. Yippeee! (No tone of sarcasm to be sure.)

As I look out the window....I see what looks like snow flakes. Seriously? Perhaps it is just rain (as if that is any consolation.)

Perhaps it doesn't really matter what it is.

It's just too cold to be sitting outside for hours on end.

Time to bump up the heat and make some hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I hear your pain and can even feel it. Brrr.