Thursday, September 16, 2010

A day of firsts

Kenzie started preschool and soccer on the same day. We've been counting down to both events for quite awhile. After the hours and hours she has spent being hauled to/from soccer games, watching in the rain, snow and heat...it only seemed fair that she finally gets a chance to play. Lucky me -- now I've got 4 kids on 4 teams. I'm almost giddy as I think of the fun we'll have over the next 6 weeks!

Apparently, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" teaches that it's only cool to wear your backpack over one shoulder. Kenzie kept trying that - -but had the backpack backwards. Finally, I convinced her to just put it on the right way so that we could get our picture and move on.

3 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Apparently "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" teaches many wonderful things, like "three days, no shower...SMELL!" followed by armpits in faces. That movie is a favorite on our house right now. I have to admit, I was cracking up over, "Let go, Baby Hippo!" Congratulations Kenzie on soccer and school!

MetroParks said...

Yup, We have a one strapped backpack this year for the same reason. Because other cool things like machine guns and electric guitars only have one strap.
She is so grown up.

Cannon Clan said...

does that mean that you only have one at home? what is that like?