Thursday, April 7, 2011

In honor of that busy weekend

I know I am way behind...but in honor of that very busy weekend in March, I am posting a few pictures...
 The pinewood derby was held on our anniversary. Ok - so that statement makes it sound like the two events are related. Obviously, they are not. Can't think of any other way I would like to spend our 16th...we are such party people. Always a fun event for the boys...and a social event for me...not so fun for Addysen. (Which she is always quick to point out.)

 These pictures are not in order but I am too tired to rearrange. Kenzie's preschool had an art show and the theme was the Rain Forest. They had some really cute projects and Kenzie was very proud to show her work. I must say that I think she had the largest group of spectators as all 7 of us traipsed all through the school looking at poisonous tree frogs and spider monkeys, toucans and a variety of animals.

Sadly, my sweet friend, Theresa Maynor, also lost her battle with cancer on our anniversary. Theresa and I became friends three years ago when we first moved to the ward and I was assigned as her visiting teacher. I haven't actually been her visiting teacher for more than a year, but we have remained close friends ever since. It was an honor to get to do some of her families temple work earlier in March -- unfortunately her health was too poor to go with us. It will be a very special experience later this month when we go to the temple to have Theresa sealed to her parents. I am so grateful for her friendship and for the blessings of eternal families. I am going to miss Theresa but am thankful for the memories we've shared and for the visiting teaching program which brought us together in the first place.

No comments: