Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scouting Advancement

Thanks to some serious effort on behalf of his newly-called leaders (and ok, I will say it...myself), Cannon earned his Arrow of Light. He has now moved on to the 11-year-old scouting program with another awesome leader. Words can't express how much I appreciate dedicated Scout Leaders! While I am a huge believer in the scouting program (and gladly claim pride in my Eagle Scout dad and brother), I don't know anything about scouts. In fact, I admitted to the Bishop that I actually hate pack meeting and am very glad to be done with it.


Too much information? Perhaps. But, as the Bishop pointed out, if I could actually pay attention and listen (rather than chase bored children around), I might actually enjoy it. Maybe. But since my son has moved on, I guess we'll never really know. Either way, I am very proud of Cannon and look forward to seeing him all the way through to Eagle Scout. I can only imagine all the things I will learn along the way!

1 comment:

Amy Franklin said...

You mean I have to endure a whole year of pack meeting without you????? Congrats to you, Cannon--we can't wait to be there next year!