Friday, December 30, 2011

And to think I thought they were sitting quietly waiting for church.






We had some friends stay with us for the weekend while their parents took a quick little get-away. Addysen and Claire met on the first day of kindergarten and we've been best buds ever since. Who would have guessed that while I was upstairs getting ready for church...this is what the kids were doing down in the basement? I promise, I am not neglectful...and clearly, they were having a blast.

I also decided to clean out the storage room this month. Whew...what spawned that crazy idea? Perhaps it was the need to create a pathway across the floor. It's too embarrassing to post the before and after pictures...but let's just say it took about 1.5 weeks that I didn't have. It was nice to finally open boxes from that have been sealed since we moved to this house 4 years ago. (Turns out I didn't lose all my Christmas books!) And let's just say that there might have been a box or two that hadn't been unpacked since Utah - -maybe...just maybe. I filled so many bags of trash that our garage has been overloaded all month. The garbage men will only pick up what fits in the trash can and the recycling can - -and we filled both of those many times over. We also donated bags and bags of items to Good Will, people in the ward, people on the street (kidding -- although I truly tried to give things to the garbage men!)...and we've still got a lot more to go. The kids (as well as my nieces and nephews) have been threatened to within inches of their lives if they even think about messing things up. (Of course, that is where they want to play now that it is clean.) Still so many projects - -but it was certainly freeing to get rid of documents and college textbooks (seriously) and more financial documents (did I just guarantee myself an audit in 2012?) and toys and TRASH. It was also interesting to come across some old journals....interesting...and embarrassing.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Those pictures are AWESOME! I love it.

And old journals? Yikes. I turned red in the face last time I picked up one of those. Why did our YW leaders tell us to write in journals?!? I have no desire for any of my kids to ever read and figure out how lame I was at their age. Let's pray the angels pick only select pages to read from the housetops or whatever that old quote said.

You have inspired me with the cleaning - don't want to even go there, but I must. . .someday.