Friday, December 30, 2011

Aren't they....something?






I've pretty much kept a journal in one form another since I was a little girl. Granted, my childhood journals consist of entire pages dedicated to how much I hated green beans...but I digress. Most of my journal writing goes in spurts - - with large portions of the entries dedicated to "catching up." True to form...here is the month of December.
We had three nights in a row of choir concerts: 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade. Because Addysen is in show choir, she was required to be at all three performances. The kids did a nice job, but I was fine when the third night rolled around and we were done. We also attended Kenzie's Christmas concert - -which was great -- but I didn't take any pictures. They announced no flash photography (I guess we don't want kindergarteners being blinded by the flash and falling off the bleachers) so I followed the rules and didn't take pictures. I'm pretty sure I was about the only one of 10,000 parents and grandparents who abided by these instructions.
Greg and I attended an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" Party. Who knew it would be so difficult to find ugly sweaters? Turns out, they are quite popular and the local Good Will was out of nearly everything. If you look closely, you might notice that Greg is wearing a women's XL (check out the sleeve length) "Peace on Earth" number -- which co-oincides nicely with my amazing find. The clerks at Good Will hadn't even put this baby on the shelf before I snatched it from the back room. The party was a blast, the company highly entertaining, the food delicious...and the memories priceless. (Hint hint...for those of you who were there...send me pictures, please.) And yes, if these pictures aren't motivation to throw out the rest of the Christmas cookies...I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

You guys are awesome.