Friday, August 29, 2008

Some Children Should Not/CANNOT Be Left Alone




It's humid and I'm tired. 
I haven't accomplished much today --  due, in part, to lack of motivation and due, in part, to having children.
They were dressed when I got in the shower. They were naked and playing a matching game when I got out.
I've redressed Kenzie at least 5 times today.

I think I mentioned it's humid - and that makes it seem hotter than it really is.
I thought I could sit down and read for a minute. I attempted to read while playing with Brynnley and allowing her to pierce my ears with stickers. 
Brynnley said Kenzie was downstairs playing Barbies.
After a few minutes of (great) peace and and quiet -- I got worried. I sent Brynnley to investigate.
She quickly came upstairs and reported that I needed to come quick. (I really don't like those instructions -- it never means, "come quick -- we are playing nicely together." It always means, "come quick - you aren't going to like what you see."

So, I went downstairs and discovered Kenzie -- happily and quite contentedly -- creating a masterpiece in the bathroom.

I asked Brynnley to get the camera and she said, "Why? Are you happy about this?"

 "No," I replied.

Brynnley: "Then why are you taking a picture?"

Me: "Good question."

I guess even Van Gogh (sp?) had to start somewhere, right? 

The real question: Can I park them in front of the t.v. so I can make dinner?

6 comments:

Miriam said...

That Kenzie girl is going to be an artist! The bathroom mirror is a good place to start. Lots of room to be creative.
I love your outlook ! It keeps it all real.

Sherrie said...

Man Tacie, how do you handle it so well? It's funny, the best "exercise" I get it when I hear "Mom, you'd better come in here!" I'm sprinting for where the kids are thinking "great, what is it this time..." And I'm always amazed at their creativity. I don't think they've ever done the exact same thing twice!

MetroParks said...

I scrolled through the pictures slowly and about choked laughing when I got to the third. I love that she had to get some foot action in. That's creativity! The pictures are worth the 2 minutes it takes to wash the mirror :-)

Cannon Clan said...

hey dont you love that? they are so fast too, why cant they just work slower? :)

Aaron and Jessie said...

Usually I let Maile look at these pictures with me, but not today and I'm glad. I don't want her getting any ideas. Thanks for the laugh though. One day those kind of days might seem funny.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Hey! I'm a stalker (your parents are some of my favorite people in my ward)...anyway, these photos made me feel better today. My bathroom mirror looks just like this within about 5 minutes of cleaning it EVERY day! Drives me crazy! So glad it isn't just my kids!