Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ahh...Good Times

Do you remember when times were simpler?
* In the days before 12-16 hour shifts?
* Before 15 minute/child/day reading logs and 30 minute/child/day math fact practice?
* Before nightmare tenants and three mortgages?
* Do you remember when we used to set our heat at 70 degrees during the winter -- when we were WARM and still paid less than $100 per month?
* Do you remember what it was like before gas and milk were each $4 per gallon?
* Before banks collapsed and 9/10 houses ended up in foreclosure?
* Do you remember when there weren't bags under our eyes, gray strands in our hair or rolls around our mid-sections?
* Back when we watched movies and stayed awake? Or played card games like Phase 10 till all hours of the morning?
* Do you remember what it was like before 2-year-olds knew how to say the word "LOSER"...let alone, use it in correct context when expressing their frustration towards their parents?
* Do you remember when school lunches cost $1.15 -- rather than $2.25? When McDonald's hamburgers were .29?
* Or when October 31st was called Halloween - -and not the Fall Festival? When the Halloween parade was just that...rather than a "Book Character Parade?"
* Do you remember when it seemed hard to get out the door with one child - - as compared to 4 3/4?
* Or when we didn't take up an entire pew at church?
*Do you remember what it was like to drive a car with a whole bumper and 2 headlights?
*Or when I used to like making dinner and kept up with the laundry? (ok - -so that NEVER happened...)

DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT LIFE WAS LIKE WHEN WE DANCED?



I do - -and it was good.

16 comments:

steph said...

I think that was just as funny the 2nd time as it was the first time!! I was so shocked to see Greg get out there and bust a move like that, I had no idea! I can't remember who else was doing it with you and I couldn't tell from the video. Was it the DaBell's and Kellers? Too, too funny!

thekerrclan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lexi said...

Okay, I'm cracking up all by myself watching your video! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today!

thekerrclan said...

It was Keller's, Heidi Dabell and Brian Call.

thekerrclan said...

It was Keller's, Heidi Dabell and Brian Call.

Cathryn said...

What a great movie! Thanks for the laugh.

Miriam said...

That is classic. I love it.

Cannon Clan said...

ahh the good old days. i think greg has a great future in dance!

Oliver and Keisha said...

HIllarious!

Jessica said...

Ah, the great dance. Thanks for posting.

I was just thinking the same thing - Before 15 minute/child/day reading logs and 30 minute/child/day math fact practice? How is my second grader supposed to have time to play if he has to do homework and those logs?

Betsy said...

OH. MY. I haven't seen this in YEARS and I still find it absolutely hilarious. So proud to be part of the production. :) Glad we did it because I don't think we could ever convince any of those guys to do anything like that ever again. Good times.

thekerrclan said...

Greg is getting a lot of flack from guys at work - -friends who have never quite seen that side of him before.

Sherrie said...

That is hilarious! :) Rachel kept asking, "Is that REALLY bro. Kerr?" Taylor had to clarify it a bit by saying, "the police guy?" Thanks for the great entertainment!!!

Lexie said...

That is awesome! I love that he can dance like that. Just another of his many talents!

Lisa said...

Oh, that was just PRICELESS! Thanks for the laugh! BTW--I saw the original Lord of the Dance crew and I can honestly say I equally enjoyed both.

Sue said...

Oh thank you for the comic relief. I loved sitting here tonight and having a great laugh. So needed it.
Good times!! Miss those Cleveland days.