Friday, January 23, 2009

Perplexing

Addysen just came into the office highly distressed and asking to use my cell phone.
I said, "why do you need my cell? Just call on the home phone."
Addysen said, "I can't. The phone isn't working. I've been trying."
Not having had any recent phone problems, I dialed the number. The phone worked fine...I just got a busy signal.
I said, "Addysen, the phone is working just fine. This is a busy signal. Someone must be on THEIR phone."
She said, "A What?!? What am I supposed to do? I need to talk to Maddy NOW. She said her mom is on the phone sometimes for hours. What am I supposed to do??!?"
Laughing, I said, "It doesn't matter how many different phones you try to use. You'll still get the same sound."

Sigh. Whatever did we do before caller id? Cell phones? Answering machines? Texting? Voice Mail?
It's a wonder our friendships and relationships ever survived.

No comments: