Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm not one to sing in the shower....

What do you do when your babysitters go back to school?

What do you do when the next-most-responsible person in the house is almost-six-going-on-twenty-six?

How does a mom exercise? Let alone, shower?

I'll tell you what you do....

You improvise.

And because your 8 month-old is experiencing separation anxiety, you belt out, "I Am A Child of God," "Popcorn Popping," and "Does My Baby Want Some Milky?" (an as of yet-unpublished, but sure to be smash hit) all while playing "peek-a-boo" out the shower door.

Works like a charm.

Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Ammieloris said...

Oh, I can relate! Gideon has taken to trying to climb into the shower with me. His attempts are so slippery that I usually end up grabbing him up, clothes and all, for another very mediocre shower. :D

Betsy said...

Love the visual. :) You're hilarious! Good girl to improvise. I love it.

katie said...

That's hillarious! A mothers gotta do what she's gotta do sometimes!!