Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A new record

For the first time in conscience memory....

I turned the HEAT on in September.
Granted, it's the last day -- but in my mind...that is only a minor detail.

Ridiculous...YES. I KNOW.

HEAT in SEPTEMBER....has the world gone completely mad?

Are the BOLD LETTERS letting you know just how strongly I am opposed to this idea?!?
It was truly painful. (I think the fact that feeling returned to my numb hands contributed to the pain.)
With the wind, rain and high of 50 degrees today...I just couldn't stand it. Trying to work was challenging, given that my work requires typing and my fingers were at stiff as popsicles.

And of course, the rudolph-like noses that the girls and I had also contributed to the decision.

Turning the oven on and setting the dinner rolls on top -- just to try to get them to rise -- also a contributing factor to the decision.

Seriously though...Mother Nature...let's go back to the weather we had a week ago. (Remember when I said, "if the weather would stay like this...I would tell EVERYONE to move to Ohio? I promise, bring back the 70's, sunshine and blue skies and I will spread the word that Ohio is THE.PLACE.TO.LIVE.)

Greg assures me it's going to warm up a bit. I sure hope he's right. I dug out my slippers today (yes, my slippers - a permanent accessory for me from November - May) but it was painful. I'm not ready to trade in my flip-flops and shorts.

For those Westerner's reading this...I don't want to hear that you are still running your air conditioning or swimming in your pools.

I really don't.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I completely agree with you..what happened to the nice weather?! We had a horrible summer and now the fall isn't much better...
Also, I heard that it was pretty nice and sunny yesterday in Idaho and that it snowed today! At least we've got that going for us, right?

Sue said...

I should have turned it on in September but I absolutely refused. Instead, it was twenty degrees outside and we were huddled under blankets, wearing socks and sweatshirts. But I waited!

The Piet Girls said...

Congratulations! Addysen is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady. Way to go mom and dad.