Monday, September 28, 2009

On the campaign trail...






Addysen is running for Student Council president. She (we) spent the weekend decorating posters and t-shirts. Tonight was Speech Writing 101. (I have to say (and yes, I am biased) that even though only in 5th grade, her presentation skills are already better than some of my former SUU Comm 101 students).

I've been having flashbacks to many years of poster-making and speech writing. It's kind of strange doing the same things with my daughter. Hello, 18 wasn't that long ago, was it?

Cannon ran for class representative and unfortunately lost by one vote. He was pretty bummed about it -- but is already talking about, "next year." I'm just proud of them for trying.

The speeches are Thursday morning, with the election to immediately follow. Keep a happy thought for us.

1 comment:

H.Cook said...

You Go Girl, Addysen!