Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blue & Gold




Addysen's actual birthday was spent at the church -- decorating for and participating in the Blue and Gold Banquet. Cannon earned his Bear, 3 arrow points and his religious knot. He was so excited and commented several times, "I don't know why, but I feel really good about getting these awards during the Blue and Gold."

Thankfully, the weather cooperated long enough to get through the evening without rescheduling...and the kids still got their snow day the next day, on Friday. (Sorry, no pictures of that.)

*Just a sidenote-- we didn't have time for Addysen's cake when she got home from school. It was late when we got home from the church and the kids had homework to finish. I was quickly trying to get them all to bed. About 9:45 -- Addysen was the only one up and I said, "Addysen, do you want me to light your candles and sing to you?" So...that is what we did. I sang a solo of "Happy Birthday" and we ate the cake on Friday.

You just do what you've got to do sometimes.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love the picture of the shirt... because you actually have all of his awards ON the shirt, instead of in a plastic baggie, on a shelf, with a boy reminding you weekly that you SHOULD be sewing them on for him. My consolation is that Clay just finished his arrow of light and gets to be a Boy Scout now, so the blue shirt doesn't matter anymore. right?