Monday, March 8, 2010

We're not quite there yet

Admittedly, today was a beautiful day.
But, it IS still March in Cleveland.
AND...although perhaps not entirely accurate, the thermometer on my computer only registered 46 degrees as the high. (Rumor has it that around town-- the bank registered 52.)

So, while warm and sunny -- imagine my surprise when I came out of the office to discover EVERY.SINGLE.WINDOW. in the family room was OPEN as wide as it could possibly be.

Granted, Greg works for a utility company and we're saving money on our gas bill. However -- I see no need to try to heat the backyard.

As if that weren't enough...

The kids spent a good portion of the day playing outside on the trampoline. Good. Exercise and fresh air. Always good.
In shorts and t-shirts? It's not that warm yet.
True, they have to take their shoes off when the jump. I'm ok with that.

But I put my foot down when I saw them wandering in the front yard - amidst the snow piles -in their bare feet.

Is it a wonder they came inside asking for hot chocolate?

Give me a break.

1 comment:

Amy Franklin said...

My kids did exactly the same thing. Brooke BEGGED me for a "cold" snack (a.k.a. ice cream) both yesterday and today. I gave in once, but today informed her that we are not having ice cream every day after school. If she is "SO hot" she can get some ice water! We had shorts on the trampoline today too! What is this, California???