Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let the games begin...actually, they already have.



Happily, I find myself enjoying Cannon's baseball games more this season. I attribute it to the following:
* The kids are a little older and seem to know a bit more about how to actually play.
(I know, I know...some of you die-hard fanatics will argue that Monday's game was not a great representation of knowing how to play. I said "A BIT." For someone like me who doesn't really know much about the game - - I just appreciate some action (translation: hitting and catching) on the field. What do I know about balks? Is that even how you spell it?)
* Cambrie is older and can sort-of play on the playground nearby. Sort of.
* Addysen is old enough to babysit Cambrie on the playground so I can watch the game.
* I'm not pregnant.That first summer was a killer -- being sick and pregnant in July -- watching kids strike out for 2 hours in 90 degree heat and 80% humidity did not translate to a fun season for this mother.
* PLAY BALL!


No comments: