Friday, June 11, 2010

Should things said while sleep talking be taken as an offense?



We had a crazy night...baseball game, RS activity, unexpected trip the ER for an earache...trip the 24 hour pharmacy for an RX...all around late night...(and we are supposed to leave town in the morning).

So, of course when he needs the most sleep, Cannon (or Cannon's body) decides to walk and talk in his sleep.

He just came down to the office and said, "Where's Mom? I just saw her."
I looked at him and said, "I am Mom -- why are you looking for me?"
He smiled and said, "Yeah, I need to know where Mom is."
To which I replied, "Cannon - I am Mom. What do you need? Just go back to bed."
He responded with, "No, I need Mom. Where is she?"
I said, "Go back to bed, Cannon."
And he said in a slightly irritated voice, "I mean, I am looking for Mom and Dad."
I sighed and said, "I AM Mom and Dad is at work."
Then with a frustrated shrug of his shoulders he said, "I am looking for the two wolves. Where are they?"

Hmmm....is one to assume that WE are the wolves?
And how would a dream translator interpret that?
*We are mean? (After all...when do you really ever hear about NICE wolves? Little Red Riding Hood? The Three Little Pigs?)
*We threaten to eat our children?
*We have long teeth?
*We are hairy?

My translation? WE are tired.

No offense taken.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hilarious. Did you laugh out loud? That's definitely one for the journal!

AKKerr said...

HAHAHA!!! Cannon said he didn't talk in his sleep...or say you were wolves.