Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not your typical talent





In May, our family participated in the ward talent show. I am in no way speaking for my spouse or my children...only myself...when I say that some of us without real talents have to fake it. Thus, my participation in BLUE MAN GROUP.
Suffice it to say that what started out as, "Blue Man might be a fun talent show to do," turned into quite a production. We spent several days and many hours at the church in preparation for the actual "event."
We couldn't have pulled it off without the help of the local magic and costume shop, in addition too -- and most importantly -- all of our "stage hands." (A.K.A. the rest of the Kerr's. Bill and a friend created the pipe instrument, Connie sewed the screen, Jennie and Ted assisted with the props and make-up. Additionally, Bill spent many hours at the church with Greg adjusting the sound equipment and rigging up a contraption to hold the equipment 15 feet off the stage floor -- suspended from the ceiling. I knew at one point, when we had a scary moment up on the ladder that I was on my own -- if Greg could only save one of us, it was going to be the sound equipment.
All in all - a fun and crazy evening. Pictures would have come sooner -- but we knew we were going to be performing again for the family talent show which was held in Maryland last weekend. Thus, we had to keep the surprise a secret.
I'll post video when I can figure out how.

3 comments:

Season said...

I'm a little bit jealous over how cool you all look. I reeeeaaaalllly wish we could have seen it. Maybe you'll perform it again sometime??? When we're all together.

Betsy said...

You guys are AWESOME!! I hope you recorded it for all to see. (And by all, I mean me.) Was the blue paint a nightmare? I love it!!!

Katie said...

it was awesome! i still can't believe how amazing it was...the Kerr Family ROCKS!