Sunday, July 6, 2008

Celebrate!


I love the 4th of July --or to be politically correct, Independence Day. (That's probably the only time I'll be politically correct).

I can't even think about our country, or our freedoms, without getting teary-eyed. (Case in point, singing The Star-Spangled Banner in church today...despite the fact that the fire alarm went off mid-song...I was fighting back tears.)

Our country has its problems...and plenty of them...but there is no other place I'd rather be.

So, I love celebrating the 4th -- especially when we luck out and Greg is off work....which he was this year.

In addition to celebrating our country and our freedoms...here are a few things we celebrated this year:

*The birth of our newest niece and cousin, Lyndi...born at 5:14 am on July 4th.
*No rain -- after days of rain, we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather -- sunshine and blue skies all around.
*Greg on vacation! I'm not sure if this is more exciting for him...or me...but after weeks of working endless hours...we'll take whatever we can get.
*Awesome fireworks (last year, the weather caused us to miss out completely)
*Lots of fun with friends and family (despite the fact that Kenzie broke a fall with her face)
*A chance to do some much needed yard work

The list goes on...but I'll spare you. If I keep going, I might get teary again... And since I'm still thinking about yard work that needs to be done...that could signify some much bigger issues. (Although, can't pregnancy hormones be attributed to everything...?)


3 comments:

Auds Beck said...

it's nice to still have people like you out there that really appreciate all that we have! Fun pics-bummer of a fall. I totally agree with the weather-couldn't have been better

Cannon Clan said...

missed celebrating with you!! your kids are getting so grown up! tell them to stop!

steph said...

pregnancy hormones? did i miss something?