Thursday, July 3, 2008

All In About 13 Minutes...

I know for a fact that my showers don't take very long. We have a heat lamp in the bathroom, and it shuts off after a few minutes. It NEVER shuts off during my showers.

So, here's what happened today - -all in about 13 minutes:

11:20 - I took Kenzie and got into the shower.

11:22 - CANNON (standing at the bathroom door): You know that hat dad wears when he shovels the snow?"
ME: Yeah
CANNON: I'm thinking I could wear that during my birthday party so that I look like Indiana Jones.
ME: Good idea. (All-the-while thinking, "it's a good thing the shower doors aren't glass."

11:26 - ADDYSEN: (standing inside the bathroom): I'm here to get Kenzie like you asked, is she ready?
ME: Yeah - grab a towel

11:28 - CANNON (in the doorway again): Dad is up on the roof!
ME: What? Why? (Mind you, we're in the midst of a torrential downpour).
CANNON: He's clearing the gutters because they are too full of helicopters.
ME: (big sigh): Well tell him to be careful.

11:30 - GREG: Someone should be calling to discuss getting our will set up.
ME: Ok

11:33 - BRYNNLEY (with panic in her voice, standing in the bathroom): Kenzie has a bloody nose!
ME: What?!? Where's Dad? (Ashamedly, I'll admit that I didn't question why her nose was bleeding, or how much blood was being lost. In my mind I was thinking, "please don't let her be on the white carpet!)
BRYNNLEY: Don't worry, we're taking care of it.

Ahhh...what is the point? Should I be grateful that I'm needed? At least during the few minutes I try to shower? Or...should I start locking the door? Resignedly, I got out, wrapped in a towel and went to see about Kenzie's nose.

I asked if she was ok and Cannon said, "She's fine. We were jumping on the bed and my knee hit her nose. I got her some ice to put on her nose, but she wanted to eat it instead."

So much for being needed. 

I should have stayed in the shower.

10 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

that is so funny, isnt that the way it goes....dont try locking the door then all you will have is kids pounding on the door, not a peaceful way to shower!

Cathryn said...

Nothing like a relaxing shower, eh? Why is it that every question that could possibly be asked happens while Mom is in the shower? :)

rachel said...

How funny! I do have to ask why you have helicopters in your gutters?

Sarah said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I love to read your posts!

Audra said...

How funny! Of course they need you! Your kids are so cute!

Auds Beck said...

I stay in the shower as long as possible and just let the CRAP hit the fan-it's just easier that way, I figure I can clean it up later-bed jumping? Sounds too familiar:)

Sue said...

I think that's hilarious. Life with kids = no such thing as a quiet shower. I always have to take Sam in with me so that I know he won't be making a mess on the outside, but then he lays on the floor of the shower trying to drink the water. How disgusting is that...

Becky and JJ Campbell said...

I love reading your blogs. You are so witty and entertaining. It really brightens my day.

Anonymous said...

tacie, i miss you and your sense of humor. i'm glad we're not the only one's who have crazy days like that

Sherrie said...

Tacie, you are not alone with the crazy showers. I'm always amazed at what they do while I'm "occupied"...and there have been many showers when I've also been thankful that we have a nice thick double non-see-through curtain...otherwise I'd have the whole gang in there as an audience. And Andy wonders why I like to take nice relaxing bubble baths at 11:30 pm....it's pretty much the only time of day that I can be assured to not have Matthew trying to climb in with me or other interruptions.