Saturday, October 17, 2009

Helllloooo Laundry.

The best cheerleader of all...can't you just see excitement oozing from those baby blues?
Everyone had VERY strict instructions that under no circumstances were they to walk across my freshly mopped floor with their shoes or socks on.
This was taken prior to them all stripping down to their underwear in the garage. What can I say? I didn't spend 4 hours cleaning yesterday only to have it all undone in one mud-filled morning!
Showing off the oh-so-lovely dust collectors...I mean, trophy's.

Today was the last day of Fall soccer. In the Spring, the league tiptoes around the soccer fields. They cancel games for a drop of rain...or so it seems sometimes. (Which, is actually fine by me because I don't love sitting out in the rain trying to watch while holding an umbrella and a baby.)

Come Fall, however...it's rain, snow, sleet, sun...or any combination. (And, during any given day in Ohio - all of the elements are possible.) Unless there is lightening -- the kids play. We've had more than our share of cold and rain during the past 8 weeks...and more than our share of hot chocolate while we sit and watch.

Today was no different. Attending the games is truly a family affair - -one that I am always more than happy to share with Greg when he is not working. Cambrie did NOT love wearing her snowsuit and hat. Kenzie DID love running through the puddles of rain and mud. Brynnley just always seems to enjoy it all - -unless it is pouring and she's freezing. (That was the case 2 weeks ago when she swore off soccer forever.) Addysen and Cannon love most aspects of soccer -- except when it is TOO sunny and they get too hot.

As for me...I like the sunshine and blue skies kind of days.

I certainly could pass on the laundry that results when playing after days of rain.

Which reminds me, it's time to start another load of wash.

Round two for Cannon's pants...coming right up.

2 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

there is so much i miss about ohio, and only one or two things i dont miss. you can come share our sunshine and blue skies anytime :)

Kris said...

Reminds me of the good old days in Nebraska a few years ago. Your cute kids are taking after you!