Saturday, October 24, 2009

What to do?

Apparently, we have a HUGE spider lurking in the basement.
At least, that is the info. I gathered from the three screaming children who were so terrified of the CREATURE that they nearly tripped all over themselves and each other in their effort to get out of the danger zone.

I have seen hand gestures indicating the size is somewhere between that of a tennis ball and softball.

Grrrrreat!

Being the good mom that I am, I didn't run downstairs to check it out.
Nope, not even with the Raid and 15 foot vacuum hose.
If the reports are to be believed...that bad-boy inhabiting our basement is WAY out of my league.

Nope. I didn't go down.
Instead, I texted Greg at work and said, "Time to exterminate inside and out. The kids are terrified and refuse to go downstairs. Of course that means I'm not going down either. :D"

Smart man that he is....he responded back with, "OK."

Yet, herein lies my dilema...I NEED to go down to the basement. Our food storage and separate pantry are down there. Our extra refrigerator and freezer are down there. We made cookies earlier and I ran out of brown sugar. No luck thinking the kids would have forgotten about "IT." Even Kenzie refused. (We made due with just a little less brown sugar than the recipe called for.)

I am making pizza for dinner and need some cheese. If I want that smart man to come home and take care of the spider -- wouldn't it be nice to greet him with steaming hot pizza right from the oven?

Probably.

And yet, in order to accomplish that goal...I need the extra cheese that is downstairs.

See what I mean? A true dilema.

3 comments:

Season said...

OH dear. That's a horrible problem. Maybe knock on the neighbor's door asking for some cheese? Or...you know they say you should only break the Sabbath and run to the store in a case of an emergency. Well, I'd call this an emergency. :)

Can't you make Cannon run down there? He's the man of the house while Greg's away.

In any case, my skin is crawling just typing this to you. Good luck, my dear sister. I shall pray for you and your family.

Season said...

Oh, oops. You wrote this yesterday. Nevermind that whole breaking the Sabbath thing. :)

The Piet Girls said...

If you could catch it for us Alex would love a Giant Ohio Spider for his collection. It's called immersion therapy. Go for it Tacie! It cured me.