Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Angels must be watching over us.

Angels must be watching over us.
About 30 minutes ago - we were scrambling to get out the door to take Cannon to baseball. (I had just walked in the door and we were late.) I was rushing to get everyone ready and out the door so I asked Addysen to turn the car on so the a/c could be running as it is so hot and humid outside. (I had been driving Greg's car.) First mistake on my part. I swear she had turned the key before...but apparently, she either had and forgot how to do it..or she had never done it before.
From inside the house, I heard her scream -- only to look out and see the Suburban going backwards down the driveway and into the street. I didn't see Addysen. Good thing I am such a fast runner...and almost as agile as an Olympic hurdler (anyone been in my laundry room to see the piles that are a constant?) I flew out the door and across the street -- arriving just as Addysen jumped BACK into the car and slammed on the emergency brake. Amazingly, the car missed the flower pots, street sign, the neighborhood flower beds, brick pillars and fence across the street. In fact, the ground is so dry that you can't even see tire marks on the grass. More amazingly though -- and for which I am most grateful - no one was hurt. The fact that no other kids (as is usually the case) were in the driveway or on the sidewalk, and the fact that no other cars were on the street is truly amazing. It's also amazing that Addysen didn't get knocked over by the door or the car as she jumped in and out of the moving vehicle. The neighbors heard the scream and came running out - - nice way to meet them for the first time after living here for two years....but all is well...and I am so grateful.
Now, if I could just stop shaking and get back to work.

3 comments:

Aaron and Jessie said...

Wow that is crazy! Seriously it is amazing how incidents like that can happen in a matter of seconds. When it's all over and you think about how your mind and body reacted in a situation like that it's true- angels have got to be watching over us. Glad everyone is okay.

Spencer said...

Addysen=My Hero!

Miriam said...

So glad no one was hurt!