Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hope: A good thing

Hope: It's A Good Thing.

Today my hope comes in the form of a cat scan diagnosis: sinusitis.

My hope comes in the form of a rather large white pill (actually, many of them) which will presumably cure the chronic migraines and back-to-back-to-back-to-back sinus infections which have plagued me for the past 5 months. It's time to get back to living, rather than just enduring.

My hope comes in the form of the crystal clear blue skies, white puffy clouds, beautiful sunshine and no humidity.

My hope comes in the form of flowers: vibrant and blossoming in every yard on every street.

My hope comes in the form of giggles from the other room.

My hope comes in the form of every ball Cannon's bat connects with during his baseball games.

My hope comes in the form of Cambrie's dimple and bright blue eyes.

My hope comes in the form of Lebron James staying in Cleveland...and the Indians win over Toronto last night.

My hope comes in the form of knowing that next month my parents will celebrate 40 years of marriage...and knowing that if all goes well, my entire family will be together approximately 6 weeks from now.

My hope comes in the form of Old Glory - - waving strong and proud from flagpoles and porches all around.

Hope: It's A Good Thing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

wow! you have had a long 5 months! here's to getting better!

Season said...

I hope your headaches hit the road. Hope IS a good thing.