Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally - Birthday #12

 (Not hard to tell which type of boots are a favorite among the locals)




 As per "America's Funniest Home Videos," we played the "eat a cookie off your face" game.

 (the traditional candy bar game. I'm thinking that when we first played this when I was growing up...candy bars didn't cost .89 each)





We've been celebrating Addysen's 12th birthday for a week. It started last Friday when she had some friends over. We opted for last Friday because Greg was off work. The plan was that he would be here to help with things. And he was...for the first hour or so. Then he left to play basketball. Good thing we planned it so that he could be here to help.
Good thing we didn't need any help.
Oh...and since Addysen's friends inundated her with all things Justin Bieber...I think it was a fun evening.

Today school was canceled in honor of Addysen's birthday.
Ok, so not really. But, school was canceled. And, lucky for us, our district canceled at 9:30 last night -- so we knew we were going to get to sleep in. I turned Addysen's alarm clock off with a note that said, "Happy Birthday - -No School -- Go Back To Sleep." She didn't wake up till 7:04 -- the exact time she was born 12 years ago today. Must be some kind of karma.
Or Not.
Either way -- she got to sleep in on her birthday. That is one of the only things I always wish for on MY birthday.

Tonight will be low-key..very low-key. We are taking the kids over their cousins because Addysen and I are heading to the Columbus temple at 4:30am tomorrow morning so that Addysen can participate in her first youth temple trip. It should be a great experience for her...and me...and Grandpa Kerr...even if it does start in what I would normally consider the middle of the night.

Happy Birthday Addysen. You are truly amazing and we are so blessed to have you as our daughter. What a wonderful example you are to each of us. We love you!

2 comments:

Season said...

Happy birthday, Addysen! The cookie game looks fun. I think I might try it...just on my own...one night while Tom's at work.

Oh yeah—I like the new look to your blog!

Cannon Clan said...

happy birthday!!12!!!! i first met you when you were four. you are just as cute now as you were then. have a great day