Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Down the drain

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the post...I just think it's a cute picture and pictures with blogs are more interesting and eye-catching.
Sometimes stupid things happen. And there just really is no logical explanation for how or why.
Yesterday, one of those unexplainable stupid things happened.
It still seems unreal when I think about it...so I simply try not to think about it.

My entire set of car keys got flushed down the toilet at the park.

Yes, you read that correctly...my ENTIRE set of keys...complete with keys and remotes for both cars, all grocery store/gas station/library/gym key tags....gone, gone, gone into the depths of the North Olmsted sewer system in a mere matter of seconds. Although, admittedly, it was like watching a horror movie in slow motion...

Don't ask me how I couldn't stop it...I have no intelligent response for that question. All I know is that one minute the keys were sitting on the top of the toilet paper holder, the toilet was nearly done flushing and as I reached for my keys they simply jumped out of my hand (a sweaty hand granted...it WAS 91 degrees and humid and I was a sweat-producing beauty) and dove head-first (do keys have heads?) into the swirling water right.  I think I must have paused with the shear ridiculousness of the situation -- just long enough to miss my chance to reach in and grab them. Seriously though...I didn't think an entire set of keys (did I mention remotes, grocery cards, etc. were attached?) would actually flush all the way down. I think my rationale mind must have assumed they would sit there (as has happened when chapstick or other items have accidentally fallen into the abyss known as the toilet.)

'Twas not to happen however...

You might imagine the fun conversation with the parks and recreation people. Or the conversation I had with the guy at the gym when I told him I needed a new card. He said, "was it the kids?" Although I desperately wished I could say "yes, darn kids!" I took the full blame. Stupid.

Let's just say that it isn't likely we'll see those keys again...and I am not sure we want too.

4 comments:

H.Cook said...

YIKES. Funny, but not fun! I hope nothing else like that happens to you this summer :) Do you guys have plans to come to the East side soon?

Betsy said...

Ugh. I HATE when things like that happen. So sorry.

The Beards said...

OOOOOOO...YUCK!!!

The Piet Girls said...

Bwaaa haaa haaa! I can't help but laugh. So sorry!