Thursday, June 28, 2012

In response to Season's blog

This picture was taken last October in the Cleveland Metroparks. My parents were here for Brynnley's baptism. Who knew that leukemia was waging a war inside my dad's body? He looked so good and seemed so healthy.
In response to my sister's blog (and I must say, all biases aside...she is downright hilarious a good portion of the time. In fact, I basicallymuch laugh my head off when I am reading something she has written.) I  just had to comment.
She paid a very fair tribute to my zamboni loving dad on Father's Day. It was sort of one of those "have-to-know-my-dad-been-there-kind-of-moments," but her post had me laughing and crying at the same time. I have yet to post about my dad's cancer diagnosis...which came by text the day before my 38th birthday back in January. Since then, life's vocabulary seems to have changed to include words like ITP, CLL, platelets, white blood cells (alternately wanting platelets to increase and white blood cells to decrease), IVIG transfusions and a whole lot of other CRAP. It's been a roller-coaster of emotion to say the least.
But, although I need too...I'm not going into the details of all of that now. (I have had my walls taped off and ready to paint for 2 days. Perhaps it is time I actually get around to finishing the job? Of course, now that it is time for Addysen's basketball game and Cannon's baseball game...I probably won't start...again.)
I certainly do love my dad and I surely did love my sisters post though. Check her out at "Coming to Terms with Sloppy Joes."

P.S. Be forewarned that if you watch the zamboni video...you may or may not have a certain song stuck in your head for the entire rest of the day -- if not month. It's one of those songs that Addysen says gives country music a bad name.

1 comment:

Season said...

Thanks for the blog shout-out! And it's true, that song IS bad. I hope you DIDN'T watch the video the whole way through. I only listened to about 5 seconds of it to make sure it was the right one and then had to shut it off. And then Tom started to watch it and then turned to me and said, "I don't really have to watch this, do I?" Ha ha. It was 100% for Dad—who may be the only person in the world who actually likes it.