Monday, December 1, 2008

Out of the Mouths of 4th Graders


Last week, Greg and his friend did a police/SWAT/K-9 presentation for Addysen's class. Several other classes joined in while they were there. Today, the thank you notes came home. Here are a couple of my favorites...in no particular order:
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Dar (the dog) is so cute. Thank you for coming in and deminstrating how you do your job. One day I will proble become a polece ofecer or some other person like a vet. Something like that. Dar is a really cool dog. Addysen is a relly nice girl. Also a vary smart girl. How do you train him?
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Thank you for coming in. Dar was funny in the gym. What does S.W.A.T. stand for? How many people get shot each year? How many tickets do you write each month? How much do you use your gun in two years? Do you use pepper spray? My ansestors came from Germany. How many K-9 units does your team have? Who has the other dogs? Do you have blue handcuffs? How many K-9's are in the world? Can the equipment weigh 200 pounds?
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Thank you for coming in for a presentation. Bringing Mr. M was a great idea for us. Coming in was probably hard because you had to talk to a chief. According to Mrs. ____ you took weeks to get time off of work. 
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Mr. Kerr I love the gajet that you brot and Mr. M I love your dog Dar. I have a dog named Darry and Zoey. Thank you Addyson for having your dad and his friend. And it was so funny the dog jumped on me. And the helmet is so hard. And how is Dar is he being good. Do you like your job. Did you ever kill someone. And Addyson, your dad rocks. I wish I have a cool dad like you. And I hope your dog and you come agen any time. I do not care. PS. I love the outfit so much. I hope you have a grate Chrismas and do not forget to be good and always be happy not sad. Oh PS. What does S.W.A.T. mean. And I love the gun, razer, flashlight and helmet to.
* Dear Mr. Kerr and Mr. M,
I thank you for spending your time with us for an hour. Out of everyone, I think Dar had the most fun! I'm glad that Mr. M let us pet Dar, he's softer than he looks. I think most of the kids watched Dar instead of listening to the information you're giving out! I do think Dar was great though. I can't tell you how grateful I am!
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Thank you for coming to my school! I know it took a lot of time to get permishion to come to our school with Dar and Mr. M. I know some things about guns and gun safty. I did have a question about a gun. Does a pistil only have a magizine to put its bullits in, and if it doesn't, does your pistil use a magazine or a barol to put its bullits in?
* Dear Mr. Kerr,
Thank you very much for bringing in Dar, it was so fun. Dar is so cool, I can't believe you were aloud to bring in Dar and let us pet it. I always thought that being a S.W.A.T. would be hard because you have to arrest people. I could never do that. I would be like ashamed of myself.
And a few other comments:
* I loved the razer...
* I loved the taser...
* I loved the laser...
* Please keep us safe
* I used to have a german shepherd but my mom got rid of him
* Have you ever got bit? And what would be his (Dar's) punishment?

Overall, a highly successful visit to the school.


5 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Those are hilarious! I bet those fourth graders could write a better note than some of the people Greg's arrested!

Audra said...

Those kids are funny! I think it is cute how they write!

Sherrie said...

Those are some awesome letters. Out of the mouths of babes, huh? I especially liked that the kids didn't know if it was a lazer or taser, or razor...etc. That was hiarious. Reading these little notes makes me want to pull out my Miss Idaho box and read some of the "fan mail" I'd get after each school visit. Boy oh boy...the things that kids say.

Cathryn said...

Those letters are adorable! Addysen is going to be the hero of the class for quite some time..yay!

Unknown said...

A huge success!!! I'm sure the kids even enjoyed having Greg there too but the dog stole the spotlight.