Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decorating


Isn't there a movie about the "Nightmare Before Christmas?"

What's that song about the 12 Days of Christmas - - and the &*@*@*!! lights?



I LOVE the lights and smells and sounds of Christmas. I'm particularly excited this year - - something about bringing a new baby home that makes everything seem that much more magical. (Remind me I said that in 3 weeks when I've just given birth, am not sleeping, and am cussing out the "natural" feeding method of nursing!) Just kidding, of course! We are SO excited for this baby to make her appearance.

The kids and I have been counting down for weeks as to when we can put up our decorations and start listening to Christmas music. (Of course the unwritten rule is that we have to wait until after Thanksgiving). Thankfully, good man that he is, Greg just goes along with our requests.

Remember how exciting it was as a kid? I've concluded that although still exciting...decorating with so much "help" is pretty much a huge chore.

Alas, after many hours inside and out (and only a few children being sent to time out)...it's as done as it is going to get....

4 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

looks great!! do you still have that santa that flaps in the wind?

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! I finally told Doug that it was worth the $8 in lights so we wouldn't have to go through the same thing.

Cathryn said...

It looks so nice!

Amy Franklin said...

Your house looks great...inside and out. Isn't it nice to have it all done? We are still in transition here...no tree up yet, and now Glenn has a cold, so who knows when it'll go up. I am going to look into those candles though....thanks for the tip!