Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wanna lose weight? Get Braces

As long as I can remember, Greg has wanted to get braces.
He got them last week. (Better late than never, right?)

The list of exclusions is long and includes many of his favorites:
*gum
*doritos
*popcorn
*apples and carrots unless cut into small pieces
*pizza crust
*sugary food items
*pop
*hard candy
*snickers
*chips
*caramels
*Now-n-Laters
*gummy bears
*hard pretzels
*bagels

The list goes on.

Hmm...I should pretend I just got braces as well.
I'm no dummy, I can see a correlation between NOT eating these kinds of foods -- and losing 10 pounds.

Perhaps I will join him in his abstinence of these foods....
As soon as the Easter candy is out of the house.

2 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

braces? hum sounds like a good idea. :)

Dave and Loralee said...

dave totally lost about 10 pounds after his braces came on, then about 2 pounds the week after each time he got them tightened. but then they figure out how to eat the restricted foods :)