Monday, May 12, 2008

Breakfast In Bed


Despite the fact that Greg left for work at 1:30am, I still managed to get breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. I was truly surprised when the light came on. I groggily opened my eyes and tried to focus as Addysen and Cannon walked in carrying waffles, toast and hot chocolate. Brynnley and Kenzie weren't far behind with a basket full of napkins, cards, spray butter, syrup, a fork and a plastic bug and marble (Brynnley's contribution). It was very sweet and when I think back on this day, I am going to try really hard to only remember breakfast....and not the dozens of fights that ensued throughout the rest of the day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So very sweet!!!!

Sue said...

I love the jug of syrup on the bed with the kids. That's too cute.

Jessica said...

What time was breakfast?

thekerrclan said...

Breakfast was delivered at 8:15. I even got to sleep in -- and that is really the only "gift" I ever care about...just getting a few more minutes of sleep!

Sherrie said...

That is so awesome! Wow! I'm so glad you got a few extra minutes of precious sleep! You deserve it. :)

Loni said...

That is amazing. Good job kids for being able to not only think about doing that, but able to perform. I am impressed.

Eliza said...

So am I reading this correctly? Your kids did this all on their own? If so...WOW!!

Happy Late Mothers Day. If I had your cell # you could have been in my mass text.