Friday, May 23, 2008

They Came Back



We have been Ohio residents for many years now. Throughout this time, we've met some incredible people. Unfortunately for us, many of them have been in Cleveland as students, and therefore, upon graduation day....they move away.

Of course, they all say how much they love Cleveland (seriously, who doesn't love 9 months of winter?) and how much they want to return some day. Some even promise. Oh...the "someday" promises. I won't name names, for fear of missing someone, but I can count...ON ONE HAND...how many of our dear friends have actually returned to visit. (You know who you are.) For the rest, we'll wait for "someday."

But, last weekend, Klint and Betsy returned! When she emailed to let me know they were coming, I literally couldn't sleep. I was SO excited. I truly didn't understand why Cannon acted as though he didn't remember them...until it was pointed out that they left 6 years ago...and he was not-quite-2 at the time. OK.

Despite visiting late into the evening, the hours were too short. We picked up right where we left off and had so much fun. Being the fine hostess that I am...I offered them pizza and chocolate chip cookies for dinner -- is it any wonder that our friends don't come to visit? Really...such service. Thankfully for me, they were forgiving of the fact that it had been a rough day...and I am no Martha Stewart.

If I can track down the video of the ward talent show where we all performed "Lord of the Dance," I will do so. You probably had to be there to appreciate it....but it's symbolic of the friendship. I just hope another 6 years doesn't pass before we meet again!

PS - for all of you who have graduated and moved on...or simply moved on...with promises to return...our door is always open...and we'll even order pizza!

7 comments:

Audra said...

Hey I would take you up on the pizza and cookies! Who wants to stay with Martha Stewart anyway?

rachel said...

Just mentioning that Lord of the Dance talent show brings a smile to my face. We have the video of it and whenever I need a good laugh I put it in.

Jessica said...

I remember Lord of Dance. You should get Rachel's copy and post it. If you can't find yours.

Funny how Cannon did not remember Klint and Betsy. I guess not-quite 2 year-old memories aren't so good, but sleeping 7-year-old can remember pretty well.

Sue said...

Oh, please please please find the Lord of the Dance video and post it for me. I can't think of anything that makes me laugh as much as that.
That dance was a big topic of conversation on our reunion cruise a couple of months ago and I know there are others out there desperate to see how talented your husband is.

Will you let us come and visit again sometime? I'd LOVE it.

Cannon Clan said...

i would take pizza and the kerrs any day!!!!!!!!!!

Betsy said...

The pizza was "fab" and the company was even better. We really must get together more than once every six years. . .as we well know. 4 hours isn't nearly enough time! :) (But, honestly what would be??) So, so fun to see you guys and your darling kids (who even gave us a mini talent show! You talented Kerrs!) and your very enviable gorgeous house and just be together. I would've been offended if you'd cooked. . .it would've wasted too much time! :) Thanks again for being PERFECT hosts. We absolutely loved it!!

Betsy said...

PS Here!Here! for posting Lord of the Dance. Greg was a RIOT. His performance is Hall of Fame material.