Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Gifts

 


Cannon has been SO excited about the Mother's Day gift he was making at school. All week we heard about memory boxes and that he needed a jar and "broken pieces of jewelry." Being the stellar mother that I am, I was not at all interested in making a separate trip to the store for a jar. So, we took the last few pretzels out of the big plastic Costco container and off he went to school.

He came home with his present yesterday -- nearly bursting with excitement. He spent a long time (and has since pointed out again and again) telling me about each piece he put on the jar and what it meant, etc. He's very proud of his efforts and of course, I love it.

I think my favorite though, is the note he put inside. It reads, "Dear Mom, Thank you for all the things you do for me. I love you so much, Mom. When Mother's Day comes up, I will ask Dad to make you breakfast in bed."

Gotta love 'em.

3 comments:

Aaron and Jessie said...

That letter sounds like it should be on an LDS commerical. Happy Mother's Day

Eliza said...

Aren't the kids gifts just the BEST!!

rachel said...

I LOVED that story about Cannon! I actually got a little choked up when reading it.
I am also very impressed by the breakfast in bed! Did they make those waffles by themselves?