Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Complain



                                      
I guess I complained loud and long enough to the right person... 
because someone took pity on me (THANK YOU JOSH AND RACHEL!)...and...drumroll, please...

Kenzie and I are heading to Las Vegas tomorrow. 

Will it break my heart to board an airplane at 6:55 am in Cleveland? No.
Will I be sad to say goodbye to 18 degree temps, snow and slush for 5 days? Not Likely.
Will it be hard to adjust to sunshine, blue skies and 70's? Are you kidding?
Will I miss the 3 children and spouse I am leaving behind? You Bet.
Will I be eternally grateful to my in-laws for watching my kids so that this trip can become a reality? Absolutely.

Las Vegas...Here We Come.

6 comments:

thekerrclan said...

Mom--
I really wish I could come with you...luckily I get to stay with Lissie.Yay!I'm really sad that I can't come with you and I'll miss you...but I'm glad that I'm here.


Love,
Addysen

Sherrie said...

um. Okay, I'm going to stop trying to be so "noble" and start complaining. Hawaii, here I come!!!

Seriously, hooray for you Tacie! Have a great time, and PLEASE try to bring some of that sunshine and heat with you. And a little dry air wouldn't be bad either. :)

Eliza said...

JEllis!! I wish I was going to Vegas.

Becky and JJ Campbell said...

Tacie,
You are not alone in your need for sunshine. I am so happy for you that you are getting away.

Becky

chrissy said...

ahh sunshine. i almost forget what its like.

soak it up for all of us. :)

thekerrclan said...

Yeah - I spoke too soon. I would enjoy Vegas Sunshine -- assuming I could get there! We got to the airport at 5am yesterday -- after 2.5 hours of sleep. We were late leaving Cleveland, stopped in St. Louis (for 20 minutes to pick up new passengers) and NEVER LEFT. They closed the entire airport due to an ice storm and told everyone to go home. I'll post details later...but suffice it to say that I relied on the kindness of complete strangers...and finally made it back to Cleveland around midnight. We're trying again today -- on a NONSTOP flight. Wish us luck -- we need it!