Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy 2008



Insanity took over and we didn't send out Christmas cards last year. It was not for lack of wanting too...and we certainly hope you won't take us off your card lists for THIS year. Life just got to be a bit overwhelming and something had to give.
So, now that it is February...we're trying to get a grip again. I don't know if anyone will actually read this...and that is ok. But, perhaps after/if you do....you'll be grateful that you didn't hear from us in December!

I won't lie...last year was not my favorite. I was GLAD to see it go. If only symbolic in nature...I couldn't switch the calendars fast enough. Goodbye 2007 -- HELLO 2008. My mantra is: "2008 -- it's going to be GREAT!"

But, just as a recap for the sake of our family's history:
February - Car accident - the van has never been the same. We're still driving around with 1/2 a bumper.
Addysen turned 8 and was baptized. We loved having both sets of grandparents, family and friends in attendance.
March - Kerrdog, our yellow lab, died a rather traumatic death.
Took our first of 4 trips to the West coast. This was to attend Kristine and Ben's wedding.
May - Jason West, Greg's friend and fellow police officer was killed in the line of duty. A police funeral is an amazing sight...and an experience I hope to never repeat.
Our dear friends and next-door neighbors, The Cannon's, moved to New Mexico. (Cannon still hasn't recovered from the loss of his best buddy)
June - More dear friends, The Klippel's moved to Pennsylvania (Addysen still hasn't recovered from the loss of her best friend). It seems our friends always leave.
The CAVS made it to the NBA Playoffs!
I was sustained as the RS President in the Mayfield Ward
July - Attended a Purcell Family Reunion in Idaho. Enjoyed a trip to Island Park before heading back to Las Vegas. It was the first time in years that all I have been with all of my siblings.
August - Addysen, Cannon and I drove to Iowa to meet Connor, Josh and Rachel's beautiful baby boy. We played lots of games and tried to distract ourselves as we anxiously waited for 96 hours to pass - -that's how long the birth mother had to change her mind.
Both tenants in one of our rentals vacated in the midst of their contracts - - trashing the property and destroying all the hard work we completed the previous summer. (They didn't like that Greg told them they had to pay their rent in full, and on time. Go figure.)
September - Began the eviction process for another tenant (who was supposed to be buying the house.)
Drove to Maryland to attend Greg's grandpa's funeral.
Flew to San Francisco again - for Nate and Lauren's wedding.
October - Flew to Seattle for John and Tenaya's wedding.
Worked feverishly to repair our rental. Everything becomes a blur about this point. Every spare minute was spent installing tile, painting, cleaning, replacing bathtubs and surrounds, drywalling, and throwing out endless piles of trash. I think it was about this time that the Indians made it to the playoffs.
November - made the decision to move our family into the single-family house...a total leap of faith or an act of stupidity...the jury is still out on that.
December - moved from our home in Cleveland Heights to North Ridgeville. I was released as RS President. Half of us came down with the flu the week before Christmas. Spent hours driving back and forth across town - -cleaning, painting, throwing out trash, etc.
So...not that you were sitting around wishing you'd heard from us at Christmastime...but now you know why you didn't!


10 comments:

thekerrclan said...

Mom,YOU ROCK!!!!I absolutley Love the blog!
Love,
Your Daughter,
Addysen

tj said...

Wow-I'm glad to hear about your year. I was shocked to hear you were RS President again!! How are you liking North Ridgeville?

Eliza said...

Wow...busy busy.

Exciting!! I am always so excited to add a new blog to the list.

Cathryn said...

Tacie,

It is so great to catch up on your family. Your kids have grown so much and are adorable. It sounds like you are as busy as ever! Thanks for keeping us on your email list. :)

Take care..oh, and I just started a blog too!! Here is our link http://jensensinjapan.blogspot.com/

Take care. Love,
The Jensen Family

Sherrie said...

Tacie, love the blog. :) Your kids' webcam pictures are hilarious. I'll have to show them to Taylor. And Happy Birthday right back at ya! :)

GoatesGirl said...

I was so happy to see you've joined the blogging world. It's a great way to stay in touch. I don't update mine as often as I'd like but it's still there. Crazy0busy year for you all. Has it slowed down much? Your kids are growing...so cute. I hope you're enjoying No. Ridgeville. Let us know when you're heading to Vegas agian. We'd love to drive over and see you.

thekerrclan said...

I have a new blog!To go to it type in AddysenKristine.blospot.com.
Love,
Addysen

Mitzi said...

Tace - I can't believe you left out what was perhaps the biggest highlight of your year: The amazing drive in the old Odyssey from Idaho back to Las Vegas in July - and the witty and enlightened conversation you were priveledged to share with your charming younger sister (as we tried to keep the backseat to a dull roar by pacifying the kids with endless snacks and Disney movies.) Seriously, could your time have been better spent doing anything else?!? :) Love you!

Betsy said...

Oh how I miss you! :) Thanks so much for inviting me to your blog. I have loved reading it all. Your life is CRAZY! You are tough as nails. What a year. It will be so fun to keep in touch this way. Keep 'em coming! :)

Sue said...

I was wondering where my Christmas card was! Not busy moving or anything...
I'm so happy you're blogging so I can keep up. I'm terrible with all other forms of communication, but this I can do.

So I guess this means you've given up Noble Elementary. You were my last link to the good old days there in CH. :)