Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Attn: Scrapbooking Wannabe's

I am a master multi-tasker. I read while listening to my i-pod while running on the treadmill. (For clarification - -I don't actually read while running -- only when walking during my cool down.) I fold laundry while watching tv. I repost my rental properties on Craig's List on the laptop while paying bills on the other computer. You get the idea. There just isn't enough time to get everything done.

I believe in family history and the importance of documenting the ever-so-exciting events of our daily lives. I keep a journal. It mostly consists of things I did during the day...and despite the fact that most entries go something like this: worked out, laundry, folded clothes, vacuumed, G worked, etc. someday, that information might be of value to someone.

Or maybe not. 

 Nevertheless, it is what it is and I'll forever be grateful for my father-in-law's example of using a calendar. It's easy to write something every day...but there is limited space so it doesn't become overwhelming. 

I also take lots of pictures. However, when it comes to putting the pictures and documentation together...I am a scrapbooking wannabe. I used to do it - -before it became a billion dollar industry, before kids, and before real talent was required. Now, I just sit and admire the AMAZING works of art that my friends and family members create. It truly impresses me...and truly escapes me.

BUT...I am excited about this new possibility.... www.blurb.com
I got this information from a friend's blog (thanks Laura!) and I am excited to try it out. For those of us (is there anyone besides me out there!?!) who just can't get it together to scrapbook...now you can print your blog into a book format and keep track of your family history that way.

I haven't tried it yet...but I am hopeful. One less thing to cross of my list and I am good to go.

7 comments:

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I am so with with you. I am NOT a scrap booker and never will be. That is why I love blogging. It is my scrapbook and journal all in one. I love blurb and plan on using them to compile a hard copy once a year or maybe every other.
Michelle B.

tanya said...

How fun! I was just thinking about this the other day. How I could have a hard copy of my blog. Thanks for sharing the info!

Eliza said...

My friend told me about that a few months ago and I LOVE the idea. I love to scrapbook but am so behind it is pathetic. So fabulous!

The Lassen Family said...

I find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one out there who feels this way. I was even the manager of my mother's scrapbook/stamp store at one point! So I told everyone else how to scrapbook but didn't do it myself. Talk about wannabe!

lexi said...

Jen must have the same friend, because she just told me about this too. I can't wait to try it.

sara said...

My friend showed me her hard bound book from blurb and it looked great!! I'm not a scrapbooker either and I've felt so guilty about this. That's why I love blogging. It works for me and eases the guilt!

Sue said...

I started my blurb book for 2007 about 10 weeks ago and somehow abandoned a week or so later. So daunting for me to re-format the pictures, try to figure how to get my words all on the page and in the right sized font, etc. It's a brilliant idea and I really want to hear how it goes for you... Maybe I'll get back there one of these days