Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowed In

 
The view as you look down our street - -not much visibility.
 
From the mailbox -- you can't tell I'm in up to my knees.
 
Upon opening the front door.

What do you do on a snowy day when:
a) there's no school (Thank goodness it's Saturday. The kids are starting to worry that if school gets cancelled one more time, they'll have to make days up during Summer Break!)
b) there are no church meetings (All Stake Conference meetings (Sat & Sun) were cancelled by 2pm...so much for my date night.)
c) the birthday party you hoped to attend was cancelled (Addysen)
d) you can't paint your East side rental as planned because it would take 3 hours (each way) to make the 45 minute drive.

So...What do you do?  Hmmmm?
* You dress like Freddy Kruger and start your search for the newspaper. Leisurely reading the paper while eating a bowl of bran flakes... a great way to start the day. Too bad the search was unsuccessful. What must the neighbors think?

* You dig out the driveway -- 3 times before noon.

* And you FORCE your tv-computer-wii-addicted children to go outside and PLAY!

 
   
 


3 comments:

katie said...

That is something I do not miss-snow!We are headed up to Utah for spring break to get our snow fix and then back to but our flip floppers on! You need to some visit!

Oh,I got a ticket the other day and I pulled out my old "out of jail card" your husband gave me forever ago-didn't work dang it! I was wishing I was back in Ohio!

D.Suth. said...

I like the bottom pic where they each have their own little cave.

You have a knack for catching just the right moment.

Sue said...

Been there this winter. Forcing kids to go out and dig caves in the monstrous piles instead of playing video games. I'm thinking we're done, but you know how that works. As soon as I think about spring we'll get another foot this week.