Saturday, March 15, 2008

Read the Label

Clearly, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I was at Costco the other day -- with all 4 kids. That was my first mistake...taking 4 children shopping at Costco, after school and before dinner. I was totally outnumbered right from the start and should have known it was a recipe for disaster. (Pun intended.)

I saw this pre-made chicken fettucini. The sign above it said $3.59. Being the quick thinking, pre-planning, Martha-Stewart-has-nothing-on-me, type of girl I am, I thought, "Hmmm...this looks good and it will get me out of making dinner one night this week." Even though I doubted the kids would eat it, the price was right.

Imagine my dismay as I just pulled it from the fridge and discovered the tiny label that states, $3.59/lb, Total Price: $15.11.

Any bets as to whether or not this is the best fettucini I've ever had?

8 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

I have done that before with those salad bars...I thought-What a great price, until I weighed it right there by the cash register! Too late to put it all back!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

So I FINALLY found your blog. You left a comment on mine, and your profile wouldn't let me link to yours! Did you move? Your kids are so cute. I don't know how you do it with 4. I'm adding you to my friends list so I can keep up on your family. By the way Tacie, your blog needs a makeover. ;)Check out my site www.shabbycreations.blogspot.com and pick out a template...if you want, you don't have to. Of course it's free, and I'll just e-mail it to you. Fun to see what you are up to.
Michelle Baird

Cathryn said...

We have not lived by a Costco since Ohio...I miss it! That expensive little pan of pasta you have there looks REAL tasty! We still have fond memories of our weekly Saturday trip to slowly walk down every isle, see the goods and then stop for pizza and a smoothie. YUM! Ahh, the good life. :)

gregandlaura said...

So funny! So something I would do! About the blurb thing- I have tried it and LOVE IT! I recommend it to everyone! I just downloaded the program and then dowloaded my blog right into a book. Its pretty easy to rearrange anything or add pictures. I am really excited about it! So much easier for me to document life! So you should try it out!

Sherrie said...

Tacie, don't feel too bad...I've done that before too. But still, when you get home and realize it, it's one of those "ahh!!!!!" moments. Still, it looks pretty good. How did your family like it?

Haley said...

I'm anxious to know how it was... I almost did that once too, but didn't because I realized before I bought it!
So fun to be able to stay caught up on the Kerr's life...

thekerrclan said...

The fettucini was good - -but not $15 good. That's mostly because Greg didn't make it home from work in time (and he's terrible with leftovers). The kids and I ate all we wanted...and the other half of the pan still sits in the fridge. I'll know to pay a bit more attention next time!

Sydney said...

I've done that too. I bought that before and we didn't like it at all. Too greasy for us. The leftovers were swimming in butter, luckily I had used a coupon so it was only $8!