Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rockstar - Like Real Life?


Yesterday, Addysen, along with two of her friends (and 95 other kids) tried out for the school talent show. From what I overheard during the few minutes I was at the school, I quickly surmised that the judges were likely going to hear A LOT of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus or High School Musical numbers.

Addysen and her friends performed, "Rockstar," complete with singing, choreography and a guitar solo.

The mother in me thinks that any third grader who is gutsy enough to try out should automatically make it into the show. However, at 3 minutes each, 95 children performing could make for a rather lengthy production. 

Furthermore, I realize that granting everyone a free pass, just for trying, isn't like real life. We all face disappointments and heartache sometimes...no matter how hard we've tried...no matter how much effort and preparation we've put forth...and no matter how "deserving" we might be. 

And so, we're waiting on pins and needles until Monday when the results are in. 

We'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

wurstens5 said...

Hey Tacie

Good to hear from you. I saw your blog the other day. Good to see what you are up to. I love your little out take on life. Take care.

Miriam said...

Addysen! You go girl! I think that is such a fun thing to do. Sounds like you go to pretty fun school.

The Piet Girls said...

Good luck to Addysen!!!! I am proud of her for just trying too Tacie. I cried just as hard as Katie did when she didn't make the school play last year. But, I was so proud of her for trying. I hope she makes it!

Cannon Clan said...

good luck addysen i hope your in the talent show and we get a video feed of the whole thing!

thekerrclan said...

Thanks everybody!I can't wait until we find out if we made it or not.When I went up to sing and dance infront of the highschool judges(2 girls 2 boys)from behind the school,I was so exited yet really,really scared.Well tomorrow we(me,Allyson,and Kaitlyn)find out if we made it.Thanks again everybody!Bye!

Love,
The scared yet excited girl,
Addysen Kerr