Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Is It Nap Time Yet?


Apparently, Kenzie has been starving...ALL day.

She brought me a Gogurt right after breakfast and asked if she could have it. I said no.

Then, I made the mistake of thinking I could answer the phone. Silly me.
The lady I was talking too heard the panic in my voice as Kenzie brought an egg into the office. She had "egg slime" dripping from her sleeve and down her chin and I knew trouble was lurking back in the kitchen. How right I was...three eggs broken all over the floor. To Kenzie's credit, however, there was a kitchen towel in the middle of the mess...she tried to clean it up.

I wrapped up my phone call a few minutes later and went back to the kitchen to make lunch. This is a picture of what I found. This time, Kenzie was trying to open a "Danimals" yogurt drink. I caught her just in time.

I promptly buckled her into her highchair, stepping cautiously over the smashed cake crumbs and frosting stuck to the rug...that was her rebellion last night -- with Greg's birthday cake -- just as we walked out the door for Cannon's soccer game.

Finally, we ate lunch. Surprisingly, she didn't really eat very much.

But, she did manage to grab a tomato and pickle from MY sandwhich...and throw it on the floor.

No wonder I'm not accomplishing anything today.

Nap time, anyone?

**UPDATE** - naps are now over...and I just swept the floor for the third time today. Kenzie's snack was popcorn...and she managed to cover a good portion of the floor and counter with that. Seriously, how hard is it to hit your mouth?

10 comments:

Miriam said...

Nothin' better than a kid being able to go through the fridge all alone!!!
It gets even better if they know your coming to check in on them -it's funny to see them crawl under the table or try to hide somewhere fast because they think they are doing it so quietly..yet they are so noisy. Kids are just too cute!!!

Cannon Clan said...

sometimes naptime/bedtime doesnt come quick enough!

Oliver and Keisha said...

I would guess that Kenzie is 2--because that is exactly what I do with Olivia--chase her around, cleaning up messes, ALL DAY. I wish there were more naps in a day!

The Piet Girls said...

I love that line from The Incredibles. "I feel like the maid here. 'I just cleaned up in here. Can it just stay clean for ten seconds!"

Ashlee and Shane said...

Laura Welch is president...Loralee Latham is 1st counselor, then me, and Rebecca Graves is secretary. It will be fun! :)

Loni said...

I have no clue what you mean that it's time for naptime. I mean really, kids are so easy and clean, and always obedient. I'm glad that you were able to "accomplish" finishing the day, sometimes I'm not even sure I will be able to do that.

rachel said...

How frustrating. I'm getting very nervous for when Connor gets that age! I'll need lots of tips and advice I'm sure!

Jessica said...

Levi is 2 also, almost 3. He is constantly asking food, espeacially after the other kids are in bed or when I am trying to make dinner. And he only takes a nap if he falls asleep in the car.

Sherrie said...

Okay, I must admit I'm laughing right now. WITH YOU!!!!! Man, what is it about the refrigerator that says, "Please, come and empty out everything you find within my doors, taste a bit of everything and throw what you don't like on mom's clean floor...oh, and if you really want to have some fun...try mixing different containers together in a huge bowl!!!! Whee!!!" Really, they never tell you about all that when you are shopping for a fridge.

Whit Diggity Dog said...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you made me start wondering if being a mom actually going to be something to look forward to in the future!!!!!!!!!!